Thread: Water Injection?

Default Water Injection?

I tried the search function for this topic, as I'm sure it's been covered. Only comes up with either "water" or "injection" in the results and wasn't much help. I'm sure this topic must have been covered here, but I've just resubscribed after several years away. I'm likely going to install a complete drop-in "Reviva" engine in my old '93 and was thinking about an intercooler. However, I sure don't like the location under the truck with the roads here in NC. I'm a retired airline mechanic and well remember what water/meth. injection would do for a Pratt and Whitney 2800 radial. First time we did an engine high power run, and we hit the water/meth. switches, it was a sight to behold. Lord, what a beautiful sound. I certainly don't expect that kind of power increase on my new truck engine, but if this is a viable substitute for an intercooler with no long term ill affects, I'd sure like to hear from those who've used this for a while. Thanks to all for any input and your time.
    '93 Chevy C2500 6.5 TD, 243,000 m. Fresh Jasper 4L80E, aftermarket exhaust. Nothing special at all. Just the best truck I've ever had.

It works well

The net has many advertisers that sell kits for diesel pickups.

A preset boost pressure switch to turn on the Juice pump will work sweet.

The theory is all the same.

Best

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY