Thread: 95 6.5 td

Default 95 6.5 td

i have a 95 6.5 td with 178000 on it runs like new but recently having problems when i shut it off wont start at all ill wait about 10 min and it will start also problem just started after i fill up with fuel and just yesrerday will shut off just sitting there

Default Might be the PMD

Might be the pump mounted driver (PMD), that is, the black box mounted on side of the fuel injection pump. It gets hot and then won't do its job. Do a search through the 6.5L td forum on the term PMD. It should bring up lots of info on symtoms of this little black box failing.
    Black 95 6.5TD, 929 block, 173k miles, 65k on IP, 48k miles on self-rebuilt engine done in '09, 6 L&S Full-torque inserts in outer main crank holes, Clearwater heads, Fluidamper, rebuilt NV4500, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, no cat, dual T-stats, 9 blade fan, spin-on 180 degree clutch, Heath hi-flow water pump and turbomaster, PMD relocated, OPS relay mod, Heath PROM upgrade, and Kennedy headlight harness upgrade soon. Now use semi-syn Lucas 2-cycle oil every fill-up which greatly reduces the frequency of DTC 35-36 codes the PCM/ECM throws.

Also look at the problem that quickv6 has posted below. He has no replies and has not found a solution yet but the problem sounds similar.
    Black 95 6.5TD, 929 block, 173k miles, 65k on IP, 48k miles on self-rebuilt engine done in '09, 6 L&S Full-torque inserts in outer main crank holes, Clearwater heads, Fluidamper, rebuilt NV4500, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, no cat, dual T-stats, 9 blade fan, spin-on 180 degree clutch, Heath hi-flow water pump and turbomaster, PMD relocated, OPS relay mod, Heath PROM upgrade, and Kennedy headlight harness upgrade soon. Now use semi-syn Lucas 2-cycle oil every fill-up which greatly reduces the frequency of DTC 35-36 codes the PCM/ECM throws.