Got near the ranch this afternoon and I notice that all the dome/courtesy lights are on and nothing will shut them off.

I tried the overide switch to no avail as well as all the other switches that control them, still on.

Finally yanked the fuse out, Pooof off

Off to get the chassis electrical manual out of the closet.

The circuit sends + to all the lights and then grounds the lights through either of the four door switches, the dash dimmer switch and the barn door switch in the back.

All the lines feed back through the main overide in the LH dash (94 Burb)

Checked out as much as I could without ripping the rig apart. Would seem that the circuit has found a shorter path to ground somewhere.

I am suspect that it may be in one of the overhead light fixtures. The spot reading lamps are hot all the time so all that would be needed would be a ground.

Oh well, just another anoyance to trace out.

Lovely having the big electrical diagram book from GM though.

Lays all the wiring out and shows where the wires go and where the connectors are located.

Gonna have to rip stuff apart and start checking to see where the short to ground is.

I do hope its not in some place that can't be reached by a human being.

At least its not something that is mission critical.

DaHoooley has not had dome lights since I bought it. I know what its issue is though. Custom overhead console that was wired wrong.

Idiots wired it in a series from one bulb to the next and so on and then to ground.

They glow very dim and if you take one light out they all quit.

Missy