Well As I think I mentioned somewhere else I put quite a few new parts into this truck. Timing Chain and gears, Injection pump and FSD, Injectors, and glow plugs. The timing chain could damn near touch in the middle. I got all the parts in and going trying to time the pump was interesting I have a laptop scan program that I found does almost everything the tech 2 does. Made things helpful, however the truck fought me every step of the way on it. It would not do a tdco relearn by holding the accelerator pedal and key off. I did finally get it to do it by pulling the ECM, and IGN fuses for a few moments. Got it set to -1.85 and then got base timing to 8.5, I do not have much "diesel rattle" though. It does have good power though. I also "bumped" the Optical sensor just a touch.
I got so much smoke it looked like I was fogging the streets. And less then 5 pounds of boost. So I tested the vacuum system found it was not even pulling 5". So I ripped the vac pump off got a shorter belt and got a heavy spring made my own controller. Now I still get some black smoke with heavy throttle but I get 11-12 PSI of boost. I installed EGT and Trans temp to go with the boost gauge I had. The Next thing I would like to do is 4" exhaust, found it already has straight though no muffler though it is pretty quite. then after the exhaust a much better turbo, maybe a hx35? But all of those will be a while, maybe next year.

Oh and to get the new power to the ground I ended up getting a used Transfer Case, the planetary gears in mine damn near exploded. And I found out why, someone at some time must have did a quick and dirty rebuild on it and they used motor oil in it instead of ATF.