Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '95 Chevy K2500 Basic Mods?

Default still looking....

is there a hand held obd1 scan tool thats popular and reasonably priced that will do all the tasks needed on this motor ?.......i'm gonna call it a day on this thread and thank you all for your input...cheers
    '95 K2500 pickup,6.5td/4L80-e, reg cab, 8' body,3.73 diff, Phazer gears, fluidampr, marine inj's,HX35,big zorst, intercooler/fan. said i wasnt gonna spend this money, but I'm hooked....this trucks breakin' me man.
    '88 RHD chassis/cab 1 ton K30 4x4 dually 6.2d lwb (ex fire engine)
    C3500 6.5td crewcab longbed. wasted engine....toast your donuts here......major surgery reqd, parts like rocking horse poo over here....This trucks breakin' me as well man

I have this(Gmtd scantech), it works great, saved me lot of money.
    you can time the inj pump with it, read codes, delete codes, read data from alot of sensors.....i like it alot.
    Last edited by suburbanK-2500HD; 02-12-2010 at 12:53. Reason: .
    New sub. 1996 6.5 ls 1500.
    1994 Suburban K2500HD. 6,5 TD 251 000km. sold
    3,5 inch exhaust, no cat.
    Marine injectors. Removed snorkle
    opened intake plenum. 3 gauge pillar. EGT.Turbo.Tranny temp. Fsd Cooler, resistor nr 9.
    Top mounted Air to Air intercooler. Kennedy Turbo master

intercooler is installed.
    look in: http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=37313

my 94 dually will barf a black cloud out if you stomp the loud pedal,. but it spools up quick enough and is clean,.it has a hand me down chip in it,.good exhaust, good air intake, optical bump, welded wastegate etc,.

Nick
    1999 chev suburban C2500
    300,000 mi

Default reply....

OPTICAL BUMP? whats that? f.i.p. mod?
    why do you have a welded wastegate? standard turbo? how do you control top end boost/overboost? do you have an inlet manifold 'blowoff' valve ? it would enable getting rid of vac pump and hose/solenoid unplug i reckon..... what power / response gain has this made ?
    i dont have too much of a problem with boost because the contents of my wallet and the price of go-go juice prevents me putting my foot to the floor ...ha ha.
    '95 K2500 pickup,6.5td/4L80-e, reg cab, 8' body,3.73 diff, Phazer gears, fluidampr, marine inj's,HX35,big zorst, intercooler/fan. said i wasnt gonna spend this money, but I'm hooked....this trucks breakin' me man.
    C3500 6.5td crewcab longbed. wasted engine....toast your donuts here......major surgery reqd, parts like rocking horse poo over here....This trucks breakin' me as well man

Default suburbank-.....

looks like thats the one i'll have to get....just need a 1/2 decent laptop or a netbook with sufficient spec?
    cheers ..

Default finally...

Bought a toshiba netbook, cables on the way from Engh....hope it all marries up and works.still unsure of their 'chip' though, since there are no dyno figures , how do they know it puts out 60 hp extra??? gonna look at other chips as well, need to do some reading.....

Default latest....

Enghs softwares great , easy to play with , well recommended. ...looking at inj pump timing....88 code set ...timing too advanced, rattle rattle...14mpg...pump body wouldnt adj enough before bottoming on the slots...shouldve been retarded with chain slop surely...?someones been here before...
    removed ancills/etc to get at timing chain/pump gear...going to fit a gear kit to do away with slop altogether, while i'm this far in .can i just fit a smaller water pump drive pulley to speed up the std pump to 'up' the flow? (and shorten its brg/seal life, yiknow) anybody done that? dont suppose theres a pump output curve for that...
    big numb fans gone,as well as the mouses nest between the rads, leccy twins going in its place, the space is cavernous without the fan housing. enough space to slot in a big intercooler as well.radiator drains' inaccessible (and cracked) going to araldite that in forever...
    go-go juice at an all time(and rising) high of £1.21 a litre...37 U.S. gallon tank ...x139.86 L = £169.23 for a fill up...$258.1 at todays rate...boo hoo yogi. off now to look at KD's offerings.... see ya...

Default update ...

bought a phazer timing gear kit from K.D's, came yesterday, pretty rapid postage from over your side for a change....stung for 80 quid at customs on this side of the water, makes for an expensive 'fix', thats not a slur on you J.K. if youre reading this,i'm happy with the product, its just everythings a FORTUNE posted from America.
    next job is a set of injector tips,(and manifold gaskets/retn tubing etc) to be set up at my local diesel pump shop, i'm just getting the cheap ones to see how they rate. then i'll buy a set of quality recon standard setting injectors for spares. ..... hadnt planned on all these spends but i love the power out of this old thing, just wish it wasnt so THIRSTY.my old jap pickup didnt register on the wallet scale as far as fuel mileage was concerned and wasnt really an issue.
    after that will come the twin stat and x-over pipe mod and that will be the last i hope....apart from the oil leaking from the rear of the transfer case, which is a complete bodge by the previous owner, Carl if youre reading this , I MEAN YOU ! !...i havent even thought about that yet.