Thread: lly boost high?

Default lly boost high?

i have a 04.5 lly with a edge attitude juice box on it i just straight piped the muffler the rest of the exhaust is stock first drive out i noticed the turbo spools faster and now i get boost alert warnings on my juice box only driven on stage 1 or stock mode it reaches about 28 lbs but im not getting any overboost codes in the pcm i cant really see this being an isuue of the straight pipe any help or ideas would be great thanks

What does the boost read in other levels?

I've found that databus reading/calculating boost devices tend to be quite optimistic. The Edge never did add any boost unless they changes something. This is why they tend to be smoky and lazy starting out.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

on stock mode it boosted to 28.3 in level 1 mode it boosted around the same. ever since this issue hapen i havnt put it on any other modes. B4 i took the muffler off. i tried it on level 3 and never had a issue.

I would suggest that you verify with a mechanical boost gauge. Again I distrust the databus sampling/calculating units.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

ok thanks for the help i will have to buy 1.