Thread: 2011 GMC Hd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow

Weight capacities are only shown for the base model of the truck. The Denali has a higher unladen curb weight than the base Silverado, therefore will have a lower remaining capacity. All trucks, of all brands, are like this. The DMV weight fees are also based on these figures, in most states.

In any case, you will never (as in: NEVER) be able to legally load and use a truck according to declared weight capacities, in any practical manner. That is, of course, unless you are full of helium (weightless), plan on driving, forever, on an empty tank of fuel, an absolutely clean truck (as in no weighty dust), with no paperwork in the glovebox, and your weightless trailer is hauling canaries that are always flying. Declared weight capacities are always the barest of bare trucks, with nothing added. Also, they don't, usually, include the weight of hitches or other accessories, even if they come equipped with them from the factory. All this is in the fine print, if you can find it. The fine print isn't included in the weight capacity, either.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thumbs up

I checked into the specs on the Denalli versus the GMC & Chevy while we were at the All American Quarter Horse Convention at the OH State Fairgrounds lst week. The trucks are all rated the same according to the stickers on the windows. All CC long bed Duallys with D/Max are rated at Max 29,200 GVCWR. 22,000 lb gooseneck max trailer wieght and 17,000 lb max bumper pull trailer rating. I think the cargo/payload max wieght is 6790 lbs or something like that. I was told by the Wesern Hauler Sales Rep, that the 3500 GM trucks were rated higher than the F 450 Fords. I will do some research on that. We bought a Chevy 3500 and towed our trailer back to Maryland with it. Awsome truck.