Thread: '99 military 4l80e w p/brake drum...

Default '99 military 4l80e w p/brake drum...

does anybody know if the military boxes with the parkbrake drum on rear of t/box are an overdrive box or a straight thro 1:1 ratio top gear??...is this basically the civvy box? are they the same? ive found a '99 4l80e (so the bloke says) ex military gbox for sale and might buy it and fit it to cure my leaking casing problem...are there any strength improvements to the g/box or the t/box? and do you think it will fit ? i can do away with the cables running to the rear axles and 'disconnect the linkage....? any info at all would be appreciated....
    '95 K2500 pickup,6.5td/4L80-e, reg cab, 8' body,3.73 diff, Phazer gears, fluidampr, marine inj's,HX35,big zorst, intercooler/fan. said i wasnt gonna spend this money, but I'm hooked....this trucks breakin' me man.
    '88 RHD chassis/cab 1 ton K30 4x4 dually 6.2d lwb (ex fire engine)
    C3500 6.5td crewcab longbed. wasted engine....toast your donuts here......major surgery reqd, parts like rocking horse poo over here....This trucks breakin' me as well man

All of the 4L80-E automatics are electronically controlled. So, if there's a large multi-pin electrical connector at the rear of the pan (above the lip) and two speed sensors located on the bellhousing, it's likely a 4L80-E with overdrive and lockup torque converter.

Jim

Default cheers ... :¬)

Thanks Jim, ive stuck my neck out and bought the lump and pick it up friday, i reckon i'll get to find out then.... regards...
    '95 K2500 pickup,6.5td/4L80-e, reg cab, 8' body,3.73 diff, Phazer gears, fluidampr, marine inj's,HX35,big zorst, intercooler/fan. said i wasnt gonna spend this money, but I'm hooked....this trucks breakin' me man.
    '88 RHD chassis/cab 1 ton K30 4x4 dually 6.2d lwb (ex fire engine)
    C3500 6.5td crewcab longbed. wasted engine....toast your donuts here......major surgery reqd, parts like rocking horse poo over here....This trucks breakin' me as well man