I'm going to yank the transmission out of my Suburban tomorrow and put a front seal in it since we're having a break in the weather. If it were my old gas Blazer, it'd be out and back in before lunch. But I'd rather ask what the differences are and be prepared instead of diving right in and muddling through.

I tinkered with the idea of pulling the glow plugs for both ease of rotating the crank to get to the TC bolts, and to keep any mishaps with the engine from occurring. I know the engine needs a good amount of RPM to get the compression up to fire a cylinder, which cranking by hand won't do, but I'm paranoid about such things. So is this really necessary? I understand I'm dealing with a high compression engine, but the less time I spend on the ground the happier I'm going to be and I'm pretty sure 'bumping' the engine with the starter isn't a good idea.

Other than million mile long extensions, trans jack adapter plate, chocks, jack stands, etc. any other advice to make things go fast and smooth?

Thanks!