Thread: is my egr blocked

Default is my egr blocked

i have an 04 chevy duramax lly everything is still stock for now. but it looks to me that the egr is already blocked. i can see what looks to be a thin piece of metal sticking out in between the flanges of where the egr blocker is supposed be. Can someone tell me if an egr blocker is able to be seen once installed. i guess i could check for a fingerstick also cause im sure would have a light on if egr was blocked with no fingerstick. i would have posted a pic of the egr. but it exceeds this forums mb. anybody know a way to post pics thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakemax04 View Post
    . i would have posted a pic of the egr. but it exceeds this forums mb. anybody know a way to post pics thx.
    Jake, is the pic in .bmp (bitmap) format? If so try opening it with MS paint and save as .jpg (JPEG) format then try posting .. you can also try resizing with MS photo editor or similar program..
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

thanks jp but it is in JPEG and its well over the limit of what i can attatch to this. i tried cropping it but no luck.

Check out fotosizer.com

Works nice and is free.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Its not blocked... there is a metal gasket but it is not a blocker.
    2004 chevy dmax lly, afe 4 in exhuast, Autometer Ultra Lite II OH Gauges, DSP5 from Duramaxtuner.com stock trans tunes