Not to beat a dead horse on this topic but just want to make sure I'm thinking correctly before I decide to start taking things into my own hands.

First the truck, 2005 3500 4x4 allison with 127,000 miles.

Visited family about 140 miles away this weekend, truck ran great as always on the way over. Parked the truck overnight, started it up the next morning to go golfing, drove about five miles down the road took off from a stoplight and I got the "CEL", engine really didn't seem to run much different but thought I heard some diesel clattering that was louder than normal.

Drove it to my friends house and parked it. Came back about 9 hours later, started it up, when I pulled out of his driveway it went into limp mode and I could diffinitely hear a lot more clattering than normal, sounded like a old volkswagen NA diesel, and would not go faster than 15 miles an hour.

From what I have read this sounds like #2,#7 injector harness, is that correct? I have read some things on the internet about this ice pick fix but can't find any detailed pictures or instructions, anyone know where some is? If I do fix it this way will it automatically come out of limp mode or do I need to unplug batteries to reset it?

Also, I was hoping to check the codes (but I left the truck 140 miles away), I know some vehicles if you cycle the key a certain amount of times (like 5) the codes will display on the information center, is there any deal like that on the silverados?

Thanks for all the help!