Thread: 4l80e problems

Default 4l80e problems

I have been reading some forums before i post and i have a 4l80e that don't shift into O.D. and when its cold it doesn't want to shift from 2 to 3 very good(I shift it manually to keep from tearing anything up). when the trans is warm it shift from 1,2,3 no problem. but no O.D. I checked codes and i am getting p0711 and u3900. I replaced the filter and fluid 500 miles ago. I read on here about testing the TCC by checking resistance from pin E to S. I checked it and it reads 0. When i took the connector apart there was trans fluid on the connectors pins (is this normal?).PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by trent62301 View Post
    I have been reading some forums before i post and i have a 4l80e that don't shift into O.D. and when its cold it doesn't want to shift from 2 to 3 very good(I shift it manually to keep from tearing anything up). when the trans is warm it shift from 1,2,3 no problem. but no O.D. I checked codes and i am getting p0711 and u3900. I replaced the filter and fluid 500 miles ago. I read on here about testing the TCC by checking resistance from pin E to S. I checked it and it reads 0. When i took the connector apart there was trans fluid on the connectors pins (is this normal?).PLEASE HELP
    Did you check the fluid level on level ground and hot, just like the manual states? Fluid level is vitally important to proper operation.