Thread: Hurst Hookup or hearsay?

Lightbulb Hurst Hookup or hearsay?

hey everybody! 1st post so i try to keep it simple... I thought I heard or read somewhere that Hurst Shifter Performance or whatever the name is will restore my stock Hurst 4 spd and transfer case console. Is this true? before i go lookin l;ike or complete fool just wonderin if anyone out there has ever heard of or even had it done... Thanks

83 K10 LH6 MY6/208 3.73 pw,ps,pb,pdl,cc,tilt,ac,cs,scottsdale,two tone paint,alloy wheels,117 w/b fleetside

Default super sweet set up

The Hurst shifter that came in my 83 is attached to the NP A833 4spd overdrive Trans...when i bought this nonrunning pickup it was that this trans was a "garbage" setup and should be tossed blah blah blah I thunked>>Dropped the trans and dug the pieces of fork, throwout brg out of flywheel replaced prevously with new clutch only... spent the cash to spring for new tran and motormounts for the 6.2 DDAD ,bearing, fork, Zbar,reeturn spring ,starter,got the glow system workin right along with dialin in the emmissions part of it.. Rebuilt the solid axle 1/2 ton steering and suspension parts with a new set WARN manual locker hubs, fresh bearings and races,alignmentand a new set of 4 michelin MTX a/t2 31x10.50x15's on there fixed many oil leaks due to neglect alone and man she is runnin super sweet... the trans is fully sync with a 3 something/1 ratio in first so it is smoooooth and quiet ....thats right quiet! pump looks rebuilt and she got RTV at water pump and fuel pump...threw in a new injector{buyin one a week only seven moore left...} This truck i bought from a donation church lot for 500$...got about 1400$ total up to now and whoever left this Scottsdale behind is missin out on a super sweet setup...Laters 4BM

Here's a good article and it points out that Hurst does rebuild this transmission.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/t...ion/index.html
    1990 ¾ ton 4x4 Chevy Suburban
    -Cummins Diesel - 12 valve - factory rebuilt
    -6 speed bullet proof manual transmission - NV5600
    -Gear Vendors Overdrive
    -Upgraded Holset HX-35 turbo
    -NP205 iron transfer case
    -3.73 gears

1982 ½ ton Chevy Suburban
    -6.2L diesel - high nickle crack free 1982 block
    -Stans headers
    -Ported heads
    -Timing gear
    -4 speed automatic
    -3.08 gears
    -30 mpg on freeway

Default to edahall

hey edahall, I'd really like to take with you regarding your swap into the 90 suburban. I'm trying to do the same with an 89 suburban and I'd like to get some of your insight. Any way we could get together on this?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Edahall View Post
    Here's a good article and it points out that Hurst does rebuild this transmission.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/t...ion/index.html

Hurst doesn't rebuild transmissions. Never has. Only their external shifters.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default 83 6.2 Factory Hurst

Yup threw a cue ball on the shifter and greased the fittin so I call that rebuild! a seven ball sits on the transfer case shifter. Dextron III plus fully sync with a perfect first gear ratio makes the LH6 'C'/MY6(old ironsides) my commuter and we do this just fine without any rice thank you. Yuk Yuk!Thanks for all the knowledge diesel page... Billiards Anyone? 4BM

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel burb View Post
    hey edahall, I'd really like to take with you regarding your swap into the 90 suburban. I'm trying to do the same with an 89 suburban and I'd like to get some of your insight. Any way we could get together on this?
    Send me an email to ed100mph@hotmail.com