Since it was new, my 2005 2500 4 X 4 lower control arms have just barely cleared the yellow rubber lower control arm bump stops when level at rest. I checked other new trucks at the dealership at the time and they were all touching the bump stop as well. I don't understand this, as this only leaves a very small amount of lower control arm travel (1/8") before it contacts the stop. This has to affect the harshness of the ride. I realize I could crank the torsion bars up a bit and gain some clearance, but my truck sits level now (ARE topper and 60 gallon auxiliary tank) and I don't want it to be nose high.

The problem gets worse when I hook up my travel trailer which has 1000 lbs of hitch weight and then install the weight distribution bars, which then distributes the hitch weight equally (500 lbs front, 500lbs rear) and causes the front end to drop even lower and compresses the bump stop against the lower control arm when at rest. I just returned from a 6000 mile trip to Yellowstone and when I got back noticed the bump stops were beat up pretty bad from being bottomed out and pounded to death by potholes on highway bridges. (as well as my back)

Does anyone else have this problem on a stock height truck ?? I plan on replacing both bump stops. Are there any available on the aftermarket that are better quality than OEM replacements ??