Our new 2011 has a somewhat pronounced whine in the engine compartment that in the cab seems a bit more audible from the passenger seat than the drivers seat. The whine is definately load related and seem to abate a bit as drive train reaches normal temp levels but not by much. After picking up the new truck it was immediatly noticeable and of enough concern to me that I requested a drive in another truck to see if the noise was present in it. I drove another truck and could get a hint of the same whine but it was just barely noticeable. The whine, after normal temps are acheived and when traveling at highway speeds is just barely detectable. I want to say that it is turbo whine but it is almost bearing like or even transmission valve harmonic like from a bad seat or debris obstruction. Engine runs great and the transmission performs flawlesly. I when back to the dealership and had a tech go for a drive with me, they agreed that the whine was not the norm, but that i should just drive it and keep an eye on it?
Thoughts