Changed the engine oil and filter (1,000 miles) this weekend and after startup saw the normal 0-PSI for a few seconds pressure went to 60-PSI, normal. I then did some other installs; Bed Rug and Pace Edwards bed cover; after which I went for a drive. The engine, on start up, didn't sound quite the norm for it, additional noises I haven't heard before, hard to explain just more busy sounding more whines and lower deep sounds, and the oil pressure was half way between 60 and 120 PSI as soon as I put it in gear and rolled out. I have not seen this out of this engine cold. First thought was that the factory oil was different from the Delvac 15W-40 I replaced it with, but couldn't believe the pump was making 90-PSI (a guess with the GM guage) LBZ never made over 60 cold. I assumed it would drop pretty quick as it warmed up but that was not the case, held steady half way between 60-120 even after coolant temp reached 210, so now I'm wondering if the new oil filter (bought from the dealer) is restricted. At that point I stopped to make a purchase (pecan picker-upper to rid the yard of the damned things) and after restarting pressure at 60, in gear and roll out back to 90, on the road I decide what the hell, nail it, which I did and after about 7 seconds hard acceleration the pressure suddenly dropped back to 60; what the f*#k, did it blow some restriction out!
Any ideas on this, and also this is not BS.