HID BACK UP LIGHTS FOR 88 & UP Chevy GMC
I am offering a kit to convert your dim back up lights to extreamly bright HID back up lights. A normal kit is $199, but the 88-98 body style is $245 because of the printed circuit board style lights we have. The boards cost me an additional $30 a set then I have labor to modify them.
I will also sell just the alluminium adapters for $30 a pair and you can mod your own.
Now offering a kit so you can install HID headlights as your back up light. Will work on most any vehicle. I have installed these on several trucks and they are stunning in the difference (like day and night). They make a great work light also, my kit will let you turn on the HIDs anytime you want with a manual switch and/or while in reverse. I use mine almost daily. Women also love them too because they make seeing what's behind you easier.
I posted a couple years ago about a Ford Super Duty I converted and some pepole had concerns about using HIDs as back up lights.
They were:
1. Q) Will they come up to full brightness because you are not in reverse long enough?
A) Yes they will if you are backing up for more than 2 seconds. They come up to full brightness in the same time as headlights take.
2. Q) Do they get to hot for the housing?
A) No, not in my experience. I have had mine on for 30 minutes at a time with no problems. Had a customer (yesterday) leave his on and forgot about them. More than 2 hours later he went out to a dead battery, but at least we know they did not get hot.
I have been told many times that HIDs have a lower temp than halogens. I never took a reading so can't say for sure.

I will be selling complete kits for $199+shipping
OR I will sell just the adapter that attaches to the lens. The adapter allows the HID bulb a means to attach. The adapters are machined from alluminium and are $30+shipping for two. That way you can use the HID kit of your choice. (880 bulbs)
My kit includes:
HID light kit
Alluminium lens to HID bulb adapter
Relay harness
10 ga supply wire
trigger wire w/manual switch
wire loom
2 fuse holders
Misc butt connectors, zip ties.

Until I find time to put these on the web site please PM/email me if you would like to buy a set/kit

Pictures to follow next.