Thread: Injector sleves? Head gasket?

Question Injector sleves? Head gasket?

I have a customer with a 6.6 duramax and he was told he had to replace the head gaskets an the injector sleeves. Should I try just the sleeves or should I just do the hole thing? And is there any special tools that i would need to do the job or any thing to look for while i am doing this. I have Mitchel's on demand but there always seam like something was left out or an easer way. thanks for any help.

Model year would be helpful.

I guess the only way that I would lean towards cups is if it had recently been apart (injectors removed) the problem surfaced immediately. It seems most any time someone has tried to get away with sleeves, it results in going back in to fix the real issue which is typically head gaskets.

A thin shave of the heads, and a set of studs are SOP here.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Question

Sorry it is a 2005. I run a little shop and do little work on diesels are these pretty straight forward or should I send this one out hate to do it have never had to do that before. I am just starting to use these forms having hard time finding my postings any help there to thanks for all the help so far.

No sleeves in LLY engine.

A LOT of hours in this job. Not really bad, just tedious. Around 30+hrs as I recall to do a good thorough and clean job.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!