Thread: new to me 07 questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default new to me 07 questions

Hi, I used to be on this site way back when I bought my new 02 dually. Been through injectors and all the issues.
    I decided I didnt need a dually anymore and found this 07 chevy crew cab short bed. First thing the fuel gauge was all the way down to E and the light was on so I headed to fill up and I could only squeeze in 21 gallons. Is this right? does this truck have a smaller tank? Could my gauge be bad? On my dually I could fit 28 to 30 gallons with the needle still above the empty line.
    I also noticed after I had bought it that the wheels are 17 inch GMC. The sticker says stock should have been 16. I guess they are off a newer truck. Will this be a problem with running too big of tire? I need to change the tires to some aggressive all terrain type and may as well change the rims while I am at it if it is a problem.
    How do I know if I got the locking rear end?
    Previous owner claims 23 mpg. I dont really believe that after never being able to do better than 13.5 with the 02. But I am optimistic I will at least do better than the 13.5
    I tried scanning through the manuals that came with it but couldnt find the answers, thanks if you are able to help me out. Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jerry Redtruck; 05-12-2011 at 12:16.