Thread: Chevrolet Confirms Diesel Cruze in 2013

Default Chevrolet Confirms Diesel Cruze in 2013

"After a lot of speculation, Chevrolet has officially confirmed it will add a diesel option to the Cruze lineup in North America in calendar year 2013. Diesel versions of the Cruze are currently being sold in Europe. The diesel will boost the already fuel-efficient Cruze lineup."

http://www.dieselforum.org/index.cfm...1B000C296BA163

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...-diesels_n.htm
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

I hope this is not another 4.5 diesel duramax story. If it is on the up and up then I say, It's about time. Hopefully the beginning of a new line of thinking. Too bad they didn't do it a decade ago before DPFs and urea injection became the norm.
    Jeff

"But officer, I ain't Speedin', I'm just flyin' low"

2001 Silverado 3500 Dually LS Ext Cab, 6.6L Diesel, Banks Stinger Kit, 4" Exhaust, VR Straps, Bilstein shocks, 255/85/16 BFG KM2s
    2004 Suburban 2500 LT 6.0L 4x4, Bilstein Shocks, Federico front/rear sway bars
    1996 Caprice 5.7L LT1, B4U Suspension, KYB shocks & Hotchkis sway bars, BMR RCA - alas I miss ya.
    2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L

It sure would be great. The Feds aren't listening to the road tests, and the private data that show how diesel more than holds it's own in the light duty market.
    Diesel Power for (I think) September has a good editorial, comparing diesel to all the other current alternatives that are getting all the hyp, and given a choice, if I was looking for pure economy of operation, I'd go with a new diesel every time.
    Diesel is here, now, and the infrastructure is here, all across the country.
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

I recently bought a Cruze ECO model and have been impressed with the torque of the gasser turbo. It will avg 45mpg doing 55mph with a nice flat torque curve. I wonder if GM will offer the new diesel with a manual. I wouldn't hold my breath though, I waited for years for a Honda Accord Diesel and they nixed it when the market went south in 2008.
    2002 Pewter 2500HD D/A EC SB 4wd Warn 12K SOLD! 103k miles
    2007 White 2500HD CC SB LBZ 4wd Warn 12K Stock