Thread: Senser id

Red face

Ok here's the deal!!!!
    On the right rear of the engine head there is 1/8 pipe there for a senser.
    I need to know what it looks like, does it have two spade conn???????HELP
    Thanks
    David
    David n5vxu<br />Truck Pic\'s [URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/n5vxu<br />96 chevy 2500 ext.cab<br />phazer gears<br />cooling mods<br />3.5\"muffler and tail pipe(from a FORD)<br />air box mods<br />egt, trans,and boost gages<br />Home made fsd cooler $10<br />Don\'t need no home made adj.boost controler 11psi<br />My son joey\'s truck<br />2000 gmc crew cab long bed 4x4<br />3 1/2\" exhaust (from a Duramax)

Its for the HPCA (cold start) sensor. It is only used on the mechanical DB2 IP's. It has two spade connectors.
    Bobbie Martin
    1995 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 6.5 TD 2WD- DB2 mechanical fuel injection
    GEP Optimizer 6.53 Detroit Diesel Power
    6.53L, GEP Block & Heads, .020 over, ARP studs, DB2 Inj. pump, GM8 Turbo w/TurboMaster
    K47 Airbox with K&N filter, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, 2ΒΌ" Crossover, Mann ProVent
    HO Water Pump, Hayden "Truck Fan" Clutch, 21" 9 blade Duramax Fan

No PMD, APP, CDR, optical sensor or vacuum pump!
    Author of The DB2 Conversion Guide
    Click Here to Email Me

Cool

Great,
    Now all i have to do is find the plugs.
    Thanks
    David
    David n5vxu<br />Truck Pic\'s [URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/n5vxu<br />96 chevy 2500 ext.cab<br />phazer gears<br />cooling mods<br />3.5\"muffler and tail pipe(from a FORD)<br />air box mods<br />egt, trans,and boost gages<br />Home made fsd cooler $10<br />Don\'t need no home made adj.boost controler 11psi<br />My son joey\'s truck<br />2000 gmc crew cab long bed 4x4<br />3 1/2\" exhaust (from a Duramax)

David, on a 96 you wouldn't think you should have
    electrical plugs for that location. I guess that's what you're talking about. Maybe pipe plug huh!!

Actually on 92-93 6.5's the HPCA switch is in the crossover. Refer to Buffalo Guy's past posts "mystery wire" The plug in the right side head
    was for the glow plug controller inhibit switch. which was moved to the controller. Mine just has a pipe plug in that location. Refer to the troubleshooting guide, 93 and earlier glow plugs for info for the inhibit switch.
    IIRC it states it was used somewhere in 84 and then discontinued because it was not reliable.
    92 GMC std cab C2500, Kennedy high flow injectors,port matched, Banks exhaust & gauges, intercooler, 97 cooling, Turbo Master.A means for a Toy