Long story short: Car in question is a 66 Bonneville getting a diesel swap. This has been a very long project that got shelved for almost a decade while I saved money, worked, moved, etc. Back when I originally planned this swap I didn't have many options and I was just going to put a 6.5T in it. In the last decade, multiple new diesels have come out and the tech has gotten away from me so I don't know which one to go with.

There are no plans for huge power. This will be a daily driver/tow rig. Think of it as a stock assembly with CAI, intercooler, big exhaust, and a custom (no smoke) tune. I can't really go too wild since I can't really fit a transmission in the tunnel that would take massive torque.

Obvious answer is Dmax, but I wanted your opinions on the others. Focus should be on reliability, parts cost, and a modest nod to NVH

- 7.3L won't fit. Too tall.
- Cummins obviously won't fit unless I want 10" of heads sticking through the hood and want the radiator zip-tied to the front bumper.

- 6.0L: once you fix the oil cooler/EGR cooler issues, is it a reliable machine?
- 6.4L: too complex? Easy to delete the stuff I don't need?
- 6.7L: should it even be considered?

Any others you can think of?