Well its been quite a while since I was on TDP. Since my 95 K2500 Sub went kapooy at 476K back in 05, I was forced to make an immediate decision on another rig ASAP. After testing them all, I settled on a new 3500 Ram QC now with 239K on it and I became a TDR member. But I'm really missing my Sub and now getting close to giving it a new heart which brings me back to TDP for questions and answers hopefully from very reliable sources. Of course opinions are welcome, but the raw facts are what I really hope to find here from those having done what I decide to do.

I was originally going to convert to a 6600, bought Jim's book when it came out on the whole process, came very close to buying a LBZ & matching trans until the bottom fell out of the market and my industry. In hind sight, perhaps I'd been better off at just flipping for another 6.5 right away and get the rig running without a big to-doo. I investigated 6.5 perf. option engines I found via here, even contemplated a 5.9 for it, but I think the 5.9 is best kept for the Dodge frames.

So here's my questions:

Should I opt for the 6600 LBZ or yet a later LBxx ?
Should I opt for a precision built 6.5 with the max HP that is possible either something out of BC or from a local source in Washington or ??

It's been a while since I read up on the Canadian built 6.5 block and I haven't been keeping up on the 6600's of late either. Few years back I found an LBZ & matching tranny w/harness and ECM w/66K on them for $9,600.00 plus freight. Not a bad price. I don't know where the best place to start looking again if I go that route other than a local yard so, if anyone has some info on that as well, I will look forward to it.

Thanks for any feedback..