Thread: heated signal mirrors

Default heated signal mirrors

I can't seem to find my old thread on this, so let me open a new one to update the subject.

I have a '97 K15, fancy exended cab, short box. It has power adjustable mirrors, with broken glass on driver's side. I have to take the doors apart for other reasons (will start another thread). I really wanted heated mirrors, and thought that I might as well get signal mirrors while I was at it. There were all kinds of Suburban/Tahoe options, but almost everything else I have seen WITH heat and signals does not seem to be folding. Prefer to just replace the glass.

I had checked Muth out before, but their site did not include trucks before the first of D-Max. Getting frustrated, I called them back and found the secret to navigating their site. You can custom order ANY mirror any way you want it, no extra charge. Go to their website (muthco.com) and strangely go to the "support" button and scroll down to "S-MOD" (Signal Mirrors On Demand) http://www.muthco.com/support/s-mod-faq/

Strange way to set up a website, but in the end, FANTASTIC people to work with. Turns out there are 12 possible mirrors for this truck - but only two for power mirrors. They sent me a link from their glass supplier, that showed shape and key dimensions of all possible mirrors, then I ordered mine by part number. They, in turn order up the glass (takes an extra two weeks) and put the heat and sig LEDs in and ship the kit - NO EXTRA CHARGE.

I couldn't find this option searching the site before, so thought it might be worth posting.

That is good info to know - thanks for posting!

FYI - there's a couple ways you can find your (or anyone's )previous post.

Since you don't have many posts, just click once on your name (in any thread) and select "find all posts".

Or, do an advanced search and use your "handle" as one of the search criteria. Add more search criteria to narrow the results.

Or, just go into the particular forum that you originally posted in and scan the posts until you see yours.
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor