Thread: Rear Sway Bar Part# K3500 1993 Dually 4X4

Default Rear Sway Bar Part# K3500 1993 Dually 4X4

I searched the threads but couldn't find a part# for a Rear Sway Bar suitable for my K3500 1993 Dually 4X4.

I looked online and found identical part#'s with quite different styles....

Hellwig, part# 7609, $218.95
    http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....oducts_id=3596

Hellwig, part# 7609, $257.36
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...con/7609k.html

I would like to order a kit, and ensure I get the correct product.. I have air bags which may or may not matter...

Can anyone advise a part# or company to deal with?

A friend gave me rear sway bar setup from a Super Duty, but it requires modification and looks weak. I prefer to go new and do it right the first time.

Thanks! Mike

Part# 7609 is likely the correct part number…

One of the above links advised that the photo depicted was not vehicle specific.

Guess I'll order a #7609 and see what how it fits!

Thumbs up Installed in 40 minutes

The 7609 was a perfect fit... and installed in 40 minutes. I needed to move the electrical harness and gas line from the inside driver' side frame rail... 1 bolt was unbuttoned and everything fit into place. No drill holes required.

I found a bad shock on the left passenger side rear... so I'll replace the back set for sure.

Here are some pictures.

Test drive was fine... far less twist now when taking a corner. I do recommend these as I have been driving this for 3 years now under close to max load... and have been keenly aware that fast turns are a potential for disaster... it swayed uncomfortably when cornering slow. I now feel quite a bit safer now due to the increased stability.

The lack of shocks may have had something to do with oscillation after cornering... anyway.. thumbs up!
    Cheers!
    Mike

I see that you have the Hellwig air bag system, do you also use the auto level kit they sell for it ?? I have the bags but haven't gotten the auto level system yet.. does it work good at keeping the truck level at different loads ??
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Thumbs up

I installed Firestone Airbags a few years back... manual inflation on each side.
    It helps tremendously with leveling at various weight loads... that was the big reason for adding them.

The other reason for the install was to soften the ride at full load. With my 11.5' camper, any weight-hop (such as one gets when you hit a bump) came down on the overloads with a heavy impact. The bags softened that out nicely, very smooth now... no jarring, banging, slamming.. which is easier on the truck and camper as well.

I recommend bags... although my spring shop disagrees. At least I'm confident I won't fracture anything over rough terrain!

I found the Hellwig's on the bay for 100$ un used, someone bought the wrong kit for them, but it was the right one for my truck, it also had the lines for each side, but I put a "T" in and they work great, I don't have the auto leveling kit yet but plan to, I pull a GN horse trailer and it sure gives a better ride and I just half to level out the load myself with the air, I love them so far, I think that when I get the auto level kit it will be a great set up. Later I will put a sway bar back there also.
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook