Thread: Fair price for a 2000 Chevy 2500 Pickup????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My dad has a 2001 1/2 ton extended cab with the gasser and a long bed. That thing gets awsome mileage. I used it a few times. I'd fill the tank with plus and it would get right at 24mpg in the cascades going from Salem to Bend. A few good hills to climb.

If I didn't pull the heavier loads then I would have looked for something closer to that.
    2004 Chevy K3500 CCLB DRW Duramax. Stock.

1992 Sea Ray 300DA. 30 plus foot Express Cruiser on a trailer. 13,500# boat and trailer and 69' of combined length rolling. Over length/width permitted load.

SOLD-95 GMC K2500 SLE 6.5L TD, Relocated PMD to bumper #9 res., Custom Lowes special induction tube, Triple gauges on the pillar EGT, Trans, Boost, High Idle Mod, TCC-Lock up Mod, Custom Back up camera, DIY Manual Wastegate Controller, 4" from down tube to 5" stacks, Vac Pump Removed,2007 wheels, WMI by Cooling Mist 8gph @3psi 11gph on demand

Quote Originally Posted by jhornsby3 View Post
    My dad has a 2001 1/2 ton extended cab with the gasser and a long bed. That thing gets awsome mileage. I used it a few times. I'd fill the tank with plus and it would get right at 24mpg in the cascades going from Salem to Bend. A few good hills to climb.

If I didn't pull the heavier loads then I would have looked for something closer to that.
    What engine did it have in it and at what speed was you driving to get the fuel mileage?
    1990 ¾ ton 4x4 Chevy Suburban
    -Cummins Diesel - 12 valve - factory rebuilt
    -6 speed bullet proof manual transmission - NV5600
    -Gear Vendors Overdrive
    -Upgraded Holset HX-35 turbo
    -NP205 iron transfer case
    -3.73 gears

1982 ½ ton Chevy Suburban
    -6.2L diesel - high nickle crack free 1982 block
    -Stans headers
    -Ported heads
    -Timing gear