Thread: My injector question....2001 2500 HD

Default My injector question....2001 2500 HD

So I know that this has been posted 100's of times but I have a question that may or maynot be injector related.

To make a long story shorter..

Bought a used truck that had injector service at 100K (now has 115K), dont know what injectors were replaced.

After several hundred miles i notice that it is smoking very lightly at idle and the exhaust smells a little strong. Cheked the oil and there does not seem to be any Fuel in the oil.

Take it to the dealer cause he said the warranty was 11 years 200K(yes 11 years and I asked twice and he even asked his manager).

Dealer says 3 and 6 are unbalanced and they must do injector service before they replace them under warranty, Chevy policy.

$265 later they say that it is fixed and come and get it, I go get it and drive it home. Its still smoking at idle and by the way the Dealer told me the warranty is only 7 years, and apologizes the he was wrong...

So my question is...is it supposed to smoke at idle? Now this is a very light smoke and you have to be looking for it to see the smoke. By the way the Service Manager says that this is normal and it should smoke some.....but if I feel that there is something wrong bring it back and they will have another look.

Thanks for reading and any advice or feedback will be appreciated
    Last edited by Sinman; 08-24-2009 at 17:20.

My truck does not smoke at idle. If one breathes the exhaust, you can tell it is a diesel.

The powertrain warranty is 5yr/100kmiles. The special policy on the injectors is 7yr/200kmiles.
    '02 Chev 2500HD EC/SB 4x4 D/A

Quote Originally Posted by OC_DMAX View Post
    My truck does not smoke at idle. If one breathes the exhaust, you can tell it is a diesel.

The powertrain warranty is 5yr/100kmiles. The special policy on the injectors is 7yr/200kmiles.

Yes I found that out before I took it in but thought that if they want to cover it with there 11 year warranty I would let them.

There is another post on this board that I am watching that seems to be the same problem that I am having, something holding the injector open
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=35044
    but mine is #3 and #6. After they did the injector cleaning the readings that they got from the diag went down, but the numbers mean nothing to me....
    The dealer told me that they would run some Stanadyne Jr(sp?) through it and that would help. Do I need to do more than one tank?

Arrow

That dealership did nothing, other than take your money. There is no "GM policy for injector cleaning", in regards to the Duramax. There is not now, nor ever been, an 11 year warranty, of any kind, on the Duramax. The previous 6.5L Diesel has an 11 year, 120K mile warranty on the injection pump (never the injectors). All GM Diesels (4.3, 5.7, 6.2, 6.5 and 6.6) have always had a 5 year, 100K mile engine warranty.

They didn't repair anything. Your truck should not smoke at idle. At all. If injectors 3 and 6 were out of balance when you took it in, they are still out of balance. You've been hooked and reeled in (no offense intended). It happens, all too often.

That said, the use of fuel additives can (theoretically) help prevent premature injector failure. It can also cause injector failure symptoms appear to improve, while you are using the additive.

The only thing you can do is demand a refund for work (allegedly) done as a result of misinformation (on the part of the dealership). I would, at this point, go so far as stating they did this knowingly. The have seen enough of these trucks/engines. They know the policies. Period. Also, check with your State's emissions requirement regulations. Your emission equipment warranty may extend to your time/mileage. Fuel injectors are emission control components.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default injectors

Which injectors are the best to buy? I have a 2003 duramax 6.6. Is it best to go with Bosch ? There is a company in Florida that is advertising the complete set for $1200-$1300 . It sounds like a great deal. The injectors are bosch remans. Just curious?

Default diesel logic

Does anyone know if diesel logic is a reputable place to do business with?

Quote Originally Posted by wjbs16 View Post
    It sounds like a great deal. The injectors are bosch remans. Just curious?
    Bosch injectors remanufactured, but not by bosch. Play on words...

google pensacola duramax injectors once
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Since I live in the Pensacola area I figured I would use Pensacola Diesel for my injectors when the time came. Haven't had to change injectors yet and its been a long time since I been on PD website so when I visited the website today I found this article. http://pensacoladiesel.com/the-real-...out-bosch.html

Do a search for the real feedback about Pensacola once.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!