Thread: Dude...where's my jack?

Randee of the Redwoods Guest

Just as the title implies. It's not under the hood. The owner's manual says it's under the carpet behind the rear seat. There's only floor under the carpet behind the rear seat. What gives?

tvtegtmeier Guest

On my 1994 K2500 the jack is under a small panel on the floor under the rear seat passenger side. Quite neatly tucked away.

catmandoo Guest

my ext cab 92 is also under the pass side of the rear seat but you have a crew cab so who knows also the seat has to be flipped up to get the cover off kinda pain in the butt as i have my 2 12 inch subs setting on it

Thanks, Tim. How much truck do I have to disassemble to get to it?

Randee,
    Something seems wrong. My 97 crew cab has a plastic box on the floor behind the right side rear seat that is hard to miss. I wonder if yours may have been removed to make room for the previous owners sub-woofer enclosure.

That's a possibility. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about a plastic box. It shows the jack under the carpet. But, I've been under the truck many times and not seen any recesses that may hold a jack. Wonder where I can get a complete one?

Just went out to take another look. Sure enough, the manual says BEHIND SEAT. Nothing there. Removed for stereo install(and not replaced) now seems a viable conclusion. Damn. This is a crew cab. Surely there is room SOMEWHERE to put the teeny little factory jack in case you get a flat. I guess true audiophiles don't change tires.

markelectric Guest

Factory jack is junk. Save yourself time, money and a explosion of cusswords. Buy a hydraulic jack and keep it behind the seat.

markelectric Guest

Factory jack is junk. Save yourself time, money and a explosion of cusswords. Buy a hydraulic jack and keep it behind the seat.

Hey! I like explosions of cuss words! [img]tongue.gif[/img]