Thread: Is a 6.2L a good engine for my 1988 V30 Crew Cab?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 6.2 6.5 my 2 cents

well I can tell you on my end I really like the 6.2 and I am now running a p400 6.5 only because I wanted a NEW engine I pull heavy loads through the woods haul cars horses boats rv s ect. I dont even have a turbo nv4500 transmission and an na 6.2 is all you need in my opinion if your hauling through the mountains you may want to give her some boost but i get by with none no issues been on the road with my truck more than I have been home have had since I was a teenager and I will be 40 in a couple months
    1982 chevy k30 srw P400 6500/nv4500 first car/mid life crisis till I die
    2013 chevy impala ltz loaded wifes new car

2002 nissan maxima gas sipper

forgot to mention I love these engines they are simple and easy to work on and need very little to run in mechanical form compression and fuel thats it make sure glows are working right and fuel system is up to par and you got a maytag I was happy with my 4.3 v6 cause I could beat it like a red headed stepchild and get decent mileage in fact I perfered it to gas v8s because even though I beat it like I caught it in bed with my wife it got me better mileage than any gas burning v8 I ever owned but the gm diesel is getting me all that and more and Im NOT beating it like I caught it breaking into my house to yeah you get what I mean it is serving me very well but I dont race either so I cant say how fast it is I have never gone over 75 which is the posted speed limit where I live oy hauls my loads effortlessly and is getting great mileage It is very satisfying ro me many have gone to a cummins But I had a dodge with one and noise level was very unsatisfying and overall fuel economy and off idle power were a compromise compared to my 6.2 and my P400 6.5 and with that rattling loud nuttless cummins I had to watch my egts I could not haul 6500 pounds up a 5 percent grade without worrying that I may be melting my pistons this is only my experience but understand I push my pickup WAY beyond the mechanical limits of a pickup.
    1982 chevy k30 srw P400 6500/nv4500 first car/mid life crisis till I die
    2013 chevy impala ltz loaded wifes new car

2002 nissan maxima gas sipper