Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and new to diesels. I have a 1985 k5 blazer which currently has a 350 chevy gas motor in it. I took on a school project of swapping in a diesel motor as it will get better fuel economy. I don't have very much time to do it(two months or so) so I chose the 6.2L to swap in as I am assuming it is the easiest. I have read through and searched almost all the forums relating to the swap but am still a little unsure on exactly what needs to be done.

So far I purchased the 6.2L diesel which came with a started and flywheel alone with all the front end parts necessary. The wiring attached to the motor has seen better days and will most likely need to be replaced. The k5 has a 3-speed standard with granny low tranny currently. I am aware that all of this will bolt right in but i'm more concerned about the smaller details. I know i need a bigger radiator. Whats the process for swapping to hydroboost brake system? how should the glo plugs be wired? fuel return line? dual batteries? everything else?...

It would be nice if anyone has a link to a 6.2 manual which describes all of the wires and plug that are currently hanging off my motor that i have no idea what to do with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.