It's a small (compact) car, to be sure. However, entry/exit is as good as any compact to mid-size car. The seat, when lowered all the way, is very low, but not any lower than any similar size car. I'm 9" taller (less-short) than my wife, so trading drivers requires prior seat movement. No problem, it's powered. The trade-off is leg room for rear passengers, if a tall person is seated in front of them. The seats have a long adjustment travel, so long leg room can be had, front or back, but not front and back, on the same side. Shoulder and head room is very good for a small car, but if you've driven one, you'd remember if it was an issue. I've driven a 2014 and 15 Malibu, and they are larger, dimensionally. However, the Cruze actually feels as large while driving. Simply, it's bigger than it looks. When we were car shopping, the Passat was one option. The Cruze, while actually smaller, felt more roomy. Of course, this is all subjective. Don't take my (or anyone's) word for it. Go drive one. Rent one for a weekend.