No, not really. They aren't talking much about it, but the Diesel option is only, supposedly, temporarily unavailable. The reason given is, the 2016 model was re-tooled as of January 1. The only available new model now manufacturing is the "Cruze Limited", which is not available with the Diesel option. The latest word I have is, the Diesel option will be available again with the 2017 model year. Considering GM's past tooling transition model years, this isn't uncommon, or unusual. Why they do this, I dunno. It could be a powertrain certification issue, or it could be just a wild hair, somewhere. Either way, I'm OK with it, as long as they offer the option again. Teresa loves her car, and the only reason we want to trade up is to get the greater trade value with lower miles and warranty left. It doesn't really matter to me, as I don't drive it nearly as often as she does. She fills it up, and it just goes. No significant issues, to date, which is kinda boring to me (but I'm OK with a car that doesn't break). She's happy, so I'm happy.