Thread: Tcm

Question Tcm

Hi folks, this is my first post and first problem with my '08 2500 4WD diesel. I am getting a P0880 ..".TCM power input signal" on my Edge scanner. I first noticed the "Service 4 wheel drive" signal after replacing the batteries! What did I do wrong, and do I really have to use a Chev dealer to do the repairs. Any ideal of the cost?
    Will it hurt to drive it...with this problem, as I live 20 mi. from a town?
    Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Last edited by trailrider11; 09-10-2014 at 09:23.

I would clear code first and see if it comes back. Then try driving and see how it does.

Questions:

Who did the battery swap?

Were both negatives pulled and both batteries changed simultaneously?

Battery swaps for some reason tend to be hard on electronics. My only guess is that it has to do with swapping one at a time with the other still connected. Both negatives should be removed first then positives. Otherwise you have a live positive floating around.

I've also had a couple instances recently where the TCM failed in service. Likely cause is static shock from the serp belt. I believe the beloved gatorback belts are directly involved in many cases. We offer a nice inexpensive anti static belt on our web store.

I do have TCM's here if needed.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I am not sure that the EDGE unit will clear the code, but will try again. The batteries were changed out one at a time, so that may be what happened. What does a TCM cost and does it need any other tuning?
    Thanks

Try to clear the code and see what happens. If it persists drop me an email and we'll get you taken care of.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!