I live in the salt covered roads of Wisconsin. I had a rear brake line blow out. I ran in to problems bleeding the brakes. I think I have it figured out. I thought I would share my experience, and see if anyone else has worked through this. The steel brake line to the rear brakes that runs along the drivers side frame rail had rusted out. The first thing I did was check the bleeders on wheel cylinders, also rusted beyond recognition. I pulled the drums off, and I had them turned. I replaced the shoes, springs, wheel cylinders rubber line on the rear end, and the steel lines. I then went to bleed the brakes and I never got the pedal to do anything but go to the floor. I changed the master cylinder. I suspect that there was old junk in the master cylinder that made it stick. I then was able to bleed the rear brakes and got some pedal back. I went to bleed the front brakes, and the front bleeders were permanently rusted shut. I got new calipers and pads, and while I was at it I decided to change the rotors, hub bearings, and front steel and rubber lines. Changing all that stuff may be a little over kill, but I did they looked to be half worn and I not want to take the same stuff apart multiple times to fix the same problem. I also do not want to be stuck far from home with bad brakes. Been there done that. I almost have it back together. I am hopeful this will be the last of my brake problems for a while.

1997 GMC K1500 Suburban 6.5T, Heath Turbo Controller, rebuilt turbo, Heath crossover pipe, relocate PMD. Everything else is stock for now.