Is there. General checklist for a diesel conversion? After a lot of time debating the subject I decided I'm going to convert my 1965 C20 to a 6.2 gm Diesel engine. I currently have a SM420 4 speed so that is not an issue (plus local highways are only 55MPH anyways, so who cares?). Obviously I will be replacing the gas tank (and relocating it to the rear). At this point I've found some 6.2's on craigslist from $250-$750 ($750 had a turbo) so the cost seems fairly low to me. I would prefer to keep everything possible mechanical as there's not a computer on this truck anyways. I've found a nice one for $500 or make an offer on what's left of the truck, though in thinking about waiting until I find one that's all there, just beat up or cosmetically in poor condition, I feel like this would save some headaches.

So what is the simplest way of going about this? The wiring on the truck can't reall get any more straight forward, what does this engine truly require to be bolted up to a SM420 then started? I have very limited diesel experience on passenger vehicles, and more experience on heavy equipment, so I'm not really sure where that places me.