I am the one that have been working fiendishly to install a turbo onto a 6.2 motor that is installed in a Land Rover Defender 90, with the help of the forum I have been able to try a few different things. For example, my mechanic is trying to locate an old school bus to rob some parts out of it. Even if we are successful, the job to completion is still going to be a challenge. Because of this herculean effort, I am thinking that to get more power it may make more sense to convert to a Diesel that have a turbo already installed and can fit in the engine compartment of a Defender. This the major problem that we are having is that there isn't any room for an after market turbo.

I was talking to my neighbor and he was telling me that the Duramax has less volume that the 6.2 with more power and good gas mileage. I don't need a lot more power but, enough to turn my Defender gears comfortably.

Are there any issues that I need to be aware of? What generation of Duramax would be best for this application? Lastly, if the Duramax is not the engine to convert to then please offer a better alternative is it exists. Thanks for your time you guys are awesome!

Madrugador (Defender 90, 1995)