Thread: check valves in block at oil filter

Default check valves in block at oil filter

best way to install the two oil pressure check valves located in the block at the oil filter. this is a 1983 660 block. These are new check valves, don't to damage them.

all help appreciated
    thanks
    OIL BURN

Default check valves

Sorry about the poor wording. I have a new key board and for some reason it's not functioning correctly. What I am asking is the proper method of installing the check valves located in the block by the oil filter , depth and location . Six years ago the block was at the machine shop and pressure cleaned, so I have new check valves to install, need to be sure I do this right.
    thanks for the help

OIL BURN

Default Oil cooler and pressure valves

I have searched the web till blue in the face,cannot find a single clear picture of where the oil cooler and oil pump pressure valves go in the block. Other than see which diameter valve fits which hole,which is easy ,how deep do push the valve down and which side up?.Gee you would think this is some government secret,should i contact NASA?. The valves were removed to clean the block after machining,no metal particles in oil galleys,as should be.
    With all the other info available on these engines you would think this would be just as important.

Any info appreciated

Thanks OIL BURN