Hello all, it has been quite a while since I have been here so bear with me. First, let me explain that I was one of the first Duramax/Allison truck owners back in 01. We had a crew cab dually and we were pulling a Hitchhiker 36 foot fifth wheel. We fulltimed for 3 years before coming in off the road and settling back down. We got to missing the travel so bad that we bought a used class A motor home. We hate it. We have decided to go back to a fifth wheel trailer of roughly the same size. But, I find that I might not be able to afford to go back to a GM Duramax truck. If it comes down to that situation, what would you more learned folks suggest in the way of a truck? We want a 3/4 ton short bed this time around. I am not a Ford guy but would settle for that if necessary. I'd prefer a Dodge/Cummins. My problem is that I really like the Allison tranny. So, how about some feedback from you all? I'd sure appreciate it. And if any of you know of anybody who has a truck/fifth wheel combo for sale, I'd like to hear about that too.

Thanks a bunch,

Ray