Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello to All, My name is J.R. and I live in southern Ga. I have been a heavy equipment field tech for several dealerships for about 30 yrs. Recently I purchased a nice 95 with the 7.4 to pull a 32'' camper with and shortly thereafter found a one owner 94 k3500 with a blown 6.5,which while exploring repair options, led me to this website.Here's a couple of pic's of the trucks and I will be looking forward to gaining knowledge from this Forum. J.R.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome!

Those are some sweet trucks! Do you know what is wrong for sure with the 6.5L?

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Yes'sir ,The top of the #8 bore has a crack about 1/2 long parallel to the deck.engine ran but compression into coolant.i am looking for another engine,perhaps a good block to rebuild. J.R.

Cracked #8 bores were more common in the 97-99 trucks.

Unit had an engine swap at some time???

Find a decent block and swap everything to it.

Been down this road a few times with these lovely Dahooooly trucks.

Good luck and welcome aboard
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY