Thread: Goodbye to "The Whale"

Talking Goodbye to "The Whale"

My '87 Ford E350 iT LWB extended cab, 6.9L diesel (Named by my ex "The Great Grey Whale" due to its size, dwarfing her Mazda MPV), which I owned for over 15 years, finally became surplus - I don't need its load or hauling capacity anymore. And I drive on a lot of rough roads, and the Ford beat me to death when empty (Loaded, it was smooth and comfortable).

So I traded it on a customized '05 Chevy LWB G1500 Express...smooth and quiet, with power everything!

'94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.

Sweet looking ride

Enjoy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY