Hauled in from Fair Haven, VT on Sunday, with Jean and me in the cab of the flat-bed. Just 5 miles over the AAA 100 mile max. at $3/mile. Whew! Trailer came up here on Tues. night at 10:30, at just 1 mile over the 100. Whew, again. Glad to give both drivers a tip.

A vibration started a little below Washington, DC. Felt like engine, with ~crankshaft frequency. Stopped at first opportunity and checked all 8 wheels, and looked for anything else that was obvious. Continued on to Harpersville, MD. Next morning, started with no problems and ran to Onionta, NY. Again, started and ran fine all day, with the vibration. Most noticeable under load. Stopped at convenience stop in Fair Haven. Got back in, started instantly, turned 4-5 revolutions and shut down. Starter won't turn! All dash lights glow until you turn to start, then go out, just like normal. Thinking bad batteries. Nope. Batteries full-up. Jumping the starter terminals results in fast turn-over and instant start, but, instant shut-down. Edge monitor says can't connect to ECU. So, I dis-connect Edge and re-hook to stock. Same result.
Check all fuzzes. All okay. Swap starter relay under hood with identical relay. Same result. Hook up my new code reader. No codes set, none pending. Call AAA.

Have had a "Service 4 Wheel Drive" message (intermittent) for a year or more. Have changed the dash switch, and freshened up the big ground at the sub-frame under the driver. Both turned off the message for a couple of days. The message came and went all the way from Texas. I've sort of learned to ignore it. My bad, maybe, cuzz it occurs to me that maybe the encoder, or whatever it's called, on the rear of the transfer case may have just given my ECU/PCU a reason to turn off the system; like maybe the vibration was a partial in/out of gear condition?

Anyhow, it sits in McMahon.s yard, they, having been told by me that there's no hurry. Probably shouldn't have said that.

Like to know what Y'all have to say about this one. And thanks for listening.