Well... after all those inquiries, seems I still ended up buying a lemon.

The dealer did all these things to it to make this truck LOOK like a great buy... instead of actually fixing it.

It was manufactured mid-year (April 2010) and I bought it this past December. It's been in the shop most of the time.

It supposedly had a one year AAMCO 24/7 Warranty on the transmission.
They fixed the transmission TWICE.

Third time they said they'd supply free labor, but I had to buy the parts. I was getting desperate and didn't want to argue .... feeling ... "just get it fixed and I'll worry about getting my money back later."

Kelly Blue Book listed it at $30,000
I bought it for $26,000
I've put in almost $3,000 more.

There supposedly is an issue with the drive shaft on this year.
But the dealer had straight pipped it, and done several other things. GREAT fuel mileage ((20 mpg!!)) on this 3500 Ram 4x4 dually.

• BEAUTIFUL "looking" truck. The engine is a beast!
  • They may have swapped out the computer or a chip or something...
  • So I bought a transmission case (because it kept running too hot and cracking them.
  • Then I had to buy a transfer Reman case.
  • Then a drive shaft yoke.

I finally picked it up last Friday and drove it very slowly 8 miles to a driveshaft shop where they're going to check if the right one is in it and balance it.
Everyone says: SELL IT.
On the other hand... if it's fixed... it may be .. (gulp) ... okay

1. Seeing as there's so many records on this truck, would I get a good deal from a DIFFERENT dealer on a trade in ... or do I go directly to Craigslist?
  2. I've been online trying to find the dealer who sells most trucks in the U.S. and I'm surprised at how difficult that is. I'm pulling up everything BUT that. Anyone recommend a REALLY GOOD dealer ... anywhere in the U.S.?

Advice?
Comments??
I'm going with a Chevy or GMC this next time.
(I'm retired and I want to put camper in it and travel for the next two years.)