I just rebuilt the np243c transfer case in my 96 k2500 i got it re installed but I had to take the motor off to shift the case into 2wd with a wrench so that I could twist the output shaft and line up the input shaft of the transfer case with the transmission . Anyway I got it all mounted and shifted the transfer case back to the position it would line up with the motor and bolted the motor on hooked up the harness plugs to the motor and transfer case I tried shifting it without the engine running and I heard it try to shift so I figure that it would be ok once I got the Trans full of oil and run the engine to help line things up well I filled everything up and started the truck shifted the transmission into gear and I heard the gears grind and then the transfer case shifted into 2wd the 2wd light in the switch came on and now truck would move forward and back but now when I push the button to shift into 4wd the lights in the 4 hi and 4 lo switch flash and I can hear a relay click in the dash but the lights just flash for a few seconds but no transfer case motor noise I tried rocking the truck forward and back a little to see if it would help the transfer case shift but it didn't . Anyway any ideas did I fry my tramssfer case motor ?
Thanks Shaun