Thread: db2 problems.

Default db2 problems.

So about a month I had an intermittent starting problem with my 85 m1008 (k30). It would occasionally sit there and crank and crank and just would absolutely not fire up. Well, I figured out that I had a bad glow plug relay, so I replaced that and it has been starting fine since... that is until yesterday. I went to go down the road and it started, ran rough for 5-10 seconds, and then when I tried to give it a little throttle to even it out it just died. After that I cranked and cranked and it would not even fire.

The difference is that a few days ago I installed a tiny tac on my truck so this time I that to keep an eye on. I believe the way that those work is that they use a transducer to detect the high pressure pulses traveling through the fuel lines from the injection pump. I know that the new tac works, because I have had the truck running a few times since installing it, and it was working when the truck initially started up and then died. However when I was sitting there cranking on it the tac just sat at zero.

This would seem to indicate to me that I don't have any fuel traveling through the the lines, otherwise It ought to show a couple hundred rpm when its turning over. Does that seem like sound logic? I have never had to work on the IP on one of these before, where should I start looking? I have an extra pump that came with the truck when I bought it, but I don't know for sure that its any good.

Howdy
    whens the last time you replaced the fuel filter?
    It's possible that your fuel pump is toast....you can check that by opening the bleed screw on the fuel manager while cranking.

Also, do a search on "air in fuel system" and make sure you are not sucking air someplace.
    1996 Chvy 3500 CCDWLB 6.5 Heathed, NO vac, marine injctrs, ARB bumper, BIG pipe, 3" lift, bright lights, bypass oil system.
    1986 Chvy 6.2 M1009 blazer RAM AIR, Headers, Custom interior
    2001 Chinook RV, V10 gas
    1974 John Deere 1530 diesel tractor
    1993 John Deere 455 Diesel lawn mower
    1967 GTO, 1989 Honda Transalp
    2009 VW Jetta TDI, flashed and piped, 6speed, fun car!
    1998 6.5 suburban, stock, daughter's
    1993 6.5 3500 CCSWLB GM8, Heathed, big exhaust, gauges, Son's

1984 6.2 ATS turbo 3500, SCDWLB - Son's
    3 kids, 1 wife, 1 dog
    Gunsmith, Tactics Instructor, Fabricator USMC 87-93 Semper Fi!