Back in February-March 2016 I changed my fuel filter. I specifically remember making this change since the water sensor module had to be replaced (it was original) since one of the two electrical leads broke off. Now 8 months later:

I had noticed over the previous several days my engine turned over a bit longer than normal mainly on the first start of the morning. I initially thought this was just due to the cooler weather, but then 2-3 days ago while driving on the highway when going up a small hill I felt a momentary reduction in power. It was only for a second so that got me to thinking fuel filter. The filter has been in service since February-March and was right at 10,000 miles when I replace it anyway so I thought I would do it in a day or two. Yesterday morning again the first start was a bit longer cranking than normal, but not terribly excessive - 2-3 seconds vs 1-2, but definitely longer. I left town and on the first small hill I experienced a power loss for 4-5 seconds vs just momentary as a few days earlier. Now I'm thinking definitely filter time when I get back home.

Arrived back home after the 30 mile round trip drive and got to work with the filter change. I have owned this truck since new and this was my 17th filter change so I know the routine well. When I was putting the filter wrench on the filter after removal of the sensor wire the filter turned just a tad. What is this? Yep, the filter was loose enough to turn by hand and easily. I think I found my fuel starvation problem. When I removed the filter it was only about 1/3 full of fuel. Yep, problem found and I'm the guilty party. Installed the new filter and problem now fixed. I did tighten the new filter until good and snug this time. I'll let you all know if I tightened it too much when I have to change it again and the profanity starts.

I hope all you veterans had a great Veterans Day and Thank You For Your Service.