Big Don from Mn. rolled in here a week ago yesterday, about an hour after Jean and I did. He's younger, but he had a stroke, a few years back and has a hard time with his Ford 350 SRW, backing and in tight going, so, he always gets me to back it into his spot. It was a nearly straight shot of about 150 feet, but, after I'd pulled ahead to line up their patio in the right-hand mirror a couple of times, he stepped up by the window and informed me that the hitch was mashed up into the front of the trailer. Been that way since Waco! I got out and gave it a look-over and went back to backing. Stupid thing kept sliding sideways on top of the bed rails. How the heck that man made it some 400 miles in that condition is beyond me. It only slid about 2 inches either way, but that was enough to throw me, at first, trying to get the edge of the patio lined up back there.

So, has anyone here ever had that kind of an issue? Trying to find out what Don's going to find up in there, at the top of the pin box. I shiver to think about it, because that trailer must have well over 3,000 lbs on the tongue. Luckily, the power jacks were able to pick the trailer and hitch up high enough to let me pull away clear of the bed rails. He's contacting his insurance, but, regardless, he's just about locked into fixing this thing before he can hit the road again. Don't bet that the thing isn't overloaded, because I've seen the stuff that's in that huge storage area under the BR.

Looking for all the experience and advice we can get.
Thanks,
DW