Thread: 4l80e tranny issues

Default 4l80e tranny issues

I have a 1996 3500 6.5 diesel. the other day I changed out the neutral safety switch, cause old 1 was crack by wire harness(kinda corroded). Now with new switch in place, I have NO GEARS at all. (all gears worked before replaced). So then I redid the wire harness to safety switch and transmission cause both were in bad shape. Still NO GEARS.... (ENGINE RUNS & Transmission worked ok b4 putting in new switch) I NEED HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by mattpo6; 01-30-2017 at 20:07.

Are you saying the engine won't start (the purpose of the neutral safety switch) or that once the engine is running the tranny won't shift?

If the latter, check the two connectors on the driver's side of the tranny. If the engine starts, the neutral switch is not the culprit.

No doubt someone else here will more suggestions.
    '94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.