Thread: Got a huge estimate from a mechanic.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gary_lucas View Post
    Ok, all front end stuff done.
    I'm hoping by next year to have what looks and works like a brand new truck
    I'm working on a tech piece that shows how to deal with rust/corrosion on the chassis and related components that is both cheap and easy. I really hate the de-icer used on our winter roads....

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    I'm working on a tech piece that shows how to deal with rust/corrosion on the chassis and related components that is both cheap and easy. I really hate the de-icer used on our winter roads....
    Awesome!

Looking forward to reading that!

I'm in Vancouver / Langley BC, Canada. There is definitely brine and salt on our roads... I wish I had taken better care of this when I got the truck. Could have saved myself alot of grief.
    GMC Sierra 2500hd 2004.5 now with ARP studs

My solution to de-icer on winter roads is living in Alabama. They don't use any here and it wouldn't help traffic anyway. When people in this part of the country see a single snowflake or even hear the word snow on the radio or tv they go into panic mode. Driving in this mode is simply not to be believed. I just stay at home.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Quote Originally Posted by EdHale View Post
    My solution to de-icer on winter roads is living in Alabama. They don't use any here and it wouldn't help traffic anyway. When people in this part of the country see a single snowflake or even hear the word snow on the radio or tv they go into panic mode. Driving in this mode is simply not to be believed. I just stay at home.

Awesome, I do that for the first 1-2 days of a given snow event and let Darwin sort it out for me.

Great, just gave that a read. So spraying that solution (basically oil) onto a rusty underbody is fine? I assumed I'd have to treat it with rust converter first.

Thanks!

G