Hi,

Setting the scene: Returning to Illinois from Quartzite towing about 13k of fifth wheel. Almost 114 k miles on truck. Limp mode outside Oklahoma City, with fuel filter message. Changed filters. Repeat limp and message hundreds of miles later, near Joplin, MO. Both times event started while pulling a hill. Got to dealer and they replaced collapsing fuel line. Problem solved.

But here is my question. For the thousand or so miles before the first problem, I had begun to notice my EGT was reading a bit high -- at times maybe 100-150 degrees more than normal. So I was babying it, at first thinking I had got some gas-contaminated fuel, and then becoming more and more puzzled as I looked at it.

Now here's the kicker -- after the fuel line was replaced, the EGTs returned to normal for the rest of the trip home, including quite a few big rolling hills in Missouri.

Which finally gets to the question. Since I am reluctant to believe in coincidences like this, what connection is there between these two conditions?

Any thoughts?