While troubleshooting my high idle problem, I happened along another cooling issue. I say another because the two might be related.
It seems my engine is not reaching normal operating temperature, which before I replaced the OEM 87 gpm system, was about 180 degrees F. According to dash gauge and an external thermometer, coolant is only reaching about 145 degrees F. It doesn't matter if it is just idling or after driving for 30 minutes or more, same temp about 145 degrees F. I tried burbing air from system, which air bubbles did come out, but no change. Also, I can touch top rad hose which is hot but not so hot you have to let go. Bottom rad hose is just barely warm, and probably not from coolant warming it.
Again, I did not perform the install but now I hesitate on letting to shop troubleshoot this issue, lack of trust at this point.
Can anyone explain how this dual T-stat cooling system actually works so I'll have a better idea where to go with this issue. To me, this thing is acting like the T-stats where never even installed. I know it's hard to imagine but you never know.